Choosing a Vacuum That is Worth Your Money
When you buy a vacuum cleaner you make an investment, and you expect value for your money. That is probably why you’re readinig this article, wondering whether to buy a Dyson or a Shark vacuum. Not to worry, we’re here to help.
Dyson has a reputation of making powerful, long-lasting vacuums. The company claims that the suction of their vacuum cleaners is twice as powerful as that of their competitors’ products. But Shark says their vacuums are just as good as Dyson’s, and far cheaper.
So, how can we know which company makes the better vacuum?
How We Compare The Two Brands
- How well a vacuum cleans different kinds of floors
- How well the vacuum removes pet hair
- How versatile the vacuum is
- Ease of use
- Maintenance and lifespan of the vacuum
Meet The Contestants
- The Dyson Ball-Multi-Floor versus Shark Professional Rotator-Lift Away
- Shark-Rotator-Powered versus Dyson Cinetic-Big-Ball-Animal
Comparing The Brands
1. How well do they clean carpet and hardwood floors?
2. How well do they remove pet hair?
- The Shark-Professional-Rotator-Lift Away has a detachable canister and wand, which makes this vacuum perfect for cleaning all surfaces, even walls
- The Shark Rotator-Powered vacuum transforms into a stick, canister or upright vacuum, and you don’t need to power down the vacuum between changes. This is possible because all the components of the vacuum are detachable.
4. Ease of Use
Both brand of vacuums weigh about the same and have similar cord lengths. Because of their detachable components, the Shark vacuums are easier to use. Especially in a house that has stairs and narrow spaces.
5. Maintenance and durability
The Dyson Big-Ball-Animal vacuum has no filter, which means no cleaning or replacement of filters. This makes the vacuum easy to maintain and allows the vacuum to last longer.
The Shark Professional-Rotator-Lift Away becomes clogged with pet hair after a while. This does not happen with the Dyson ball-multi-floor.
Dyson vacuums are known to last a long time, and our tests prove this. Still, it’s interesting to note that Shark offers longer warranties than Dyson.